Top Harris County DWI Lawyer
Top Harris County DWI Lawyer who will fight for you.
For years, Harris County has had one of the highest rates of alcohol-related traffic deaths in the United States causing the county to invest thousands of dollars in a DWI task force. This activity, which has included adopting No-Refusal Weekends, has resulted in hundreds of innocent people being arrested for DWI. If you need a Harris County DWI lawyer who will aggressively fight for you, call the office of Trichter & Murphy at (713) 524-1010 24/7 to speak to an attorney.
True DWI Specialists to defend you
Trichter & Murphy is home to three of only four DWI Specialists in Texas. This designation is granted by the College of DUI Defense and is the only accreditation recognized by the American Bar Association. The Texas Bar Association does not have a designation like this. As a DWI Specialist, they understand the science of DWI defense and how it can debunk the faulty chemical and road side tests administered by law enforcement.
It’s important to remember that you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. You may think that the State has an insurmountable amount of evidence against you–from video tape showing you performing unfair roadside tests, inaccurate results from breath or blood tests. But with a DWI Specialist on your side, you still have a chance of defending your case successfully.
Harris County DWI Facts 2016
DWI numbers for 2016
- HPD (Harris County)
- 4,392 total DWI arrests for the year
- Average of 366 per month
- All other agencies* combined for the Houston-Galveston DMA including DPS, Sheriff Dept, and surrounding municipal departments (West U, Deer Park, Pasadena, etc)
- 6,588 total DWI arrests for the year
- Average of 549 per month
Areas with the heaviest number of DWI arrests in 2016:
- North Division- North of 610 between 290 and the Hardy Toll road: 616 Arrests
- Central Division- Downtown, Midtown, Washington Avenue, Memorial Dr.
MADD’s 2013 collected statistics in Texas:
- 1,337 deaths caused by a drunk drivers
- The death total represents 39.5 percent of all total traffic deaths
- 3.6 percent increase from 2012.
DWI arrests are on the decline in Harris County
- 2016: 4392
- 2015: 4800 (estimated)
- 2014: 5182
- 2013: 6235
Some of the areas top DWI Hot Spots according to Click2Houston (2015):
- 610 loop and the 59 freeway.
- FM 1960 between I-45 and 290
- In the Pasadena area south of 225 to Spencer Highway
- On Galveston Island, between 20th street and 61st street
- The beltway between I-45 and 249
- Airline drive between Little York and Aldine Bender
Harris County Cities
Bunker Hill Village
Hunters Creek Village
Piney Point Village
Spring Valley Village
Taylor Lake Village
The Woodlands (mostly in Montgomery County)
West University Place