fbpx
Houston DWI Lawyer - Trichter & LeGrand

Job Opening AVAILABLE

LEGAL ASSISTANT NEEDED

JOB DESCRIPTION

A Prominent Criminal Defense law firm specializing in DWI’s with four attorneys has an opening for an entry to mid-level legal assistant to start immediately full-time. Legal assistants will handle the clients and files of one attorney and then possibly two attorneys later down the line. Salary will be based on experience.

 

RESPONSIBILITIES

Will be responsible for the support of the attorney(s) while answering multiple phone line system. Other duties include screening all calls & taking messages. Will schedule appointments, take client phone calls and contact clients when necessary, help draft court and legal documents, court filings, some data entry. 

In charge of maintaining confidential files, will handle processing of correspondence, scanning documents, greeting clients, distributing mail, and providing administrative support to the legal staff with various overflow tasks. Assists with copying, filing, general clerical duties; enter data on spreadsheets, maintaining legal file binders and various receptionist/hospitality duties. Coordinates and carries out administrative tasks including preparing reports, responding to requests for information and making travel arrangements, etc.

REQUIREMENTS

Ideal candidate will be highly responsible, organized and detail oriented. Must have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently , proficient in Microsoft office applications and be a team player. Must have an ability to use e-mail and do research. Highly skilled candidate will be self motivated, quick learner who has experience typing and be able to type at least 55 wpm for some light dictation at times. Must have knowledge of legal terminology and process. Maintain court dockets and the attorney’s calendar using Microsoft Outlook, create new client files, maintain files and close files when cases end.

OTHER SKILLS

Work ethic that includes separation of personal and business life; Punctuality; Well-groomed with office setting attire; Dependability; Attention to detail; Ability to multi-task; Ability to meet deadlines; Ability to take initiative, Qualified candidates must have computer knowledge, Professionalism, Meeting Planning, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Client Relationships, Confidentiality.

 

BENEFITS

Eligible for health insurance after 60 days. The Firm pays 75% of health care insurance & employee will be responsible for paying the remaining 25%; eligible for 401k after 3 years, eligible for 2 weeks paid vacation and sick days with personal hours after 1 year; salary will be based on experience.

WANT TO APPLY?

If you’re interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for the job position, please submit the form below and attach your resume and list of references in PDF format.

 

LEGAL ASSISTANT APPLICATION

Submission Form To Apply For Legal Assistant Job
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Once We Review Your Application We Will Contact You

LOCATION

420 Heights Blvd 
Houston, Texas 77007

 

OUR HOURS

8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Monday – Friday

 

Houston DWI Lawyer - Trichter & LeGrand